Garfield Elementary School
Garfield Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in New Mexico for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Garfield Elementary School's student population of 146 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 10 teachers has declined by 16% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||146 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Garfield Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has increased from 11:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NM)|
|Overall School Rank||#306 out of 819 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||16:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Hatch Valley Public s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Arrey Arrey Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 112 students
7 Arrey Cemetery Rd
Arrey, NM 87930
(505)894-8150 7.1 PK-5 112
- Las Cruces Monte Vista Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 524 students
4675 Peachtree Hills
Las Cruces, NM 88012
(505)268-3520 39.4 K-5 524
- Las Cruces La Academia Dolores Huerta Grades: 6-8 | 174 students
1480 North Main
Las Cruces, NM 88001
(575)527-5800 41.1 6-8 174
- Las Cruces Alma D'arte Charter Grades: 9-12 | 189 students
402 W Court Ave
Las Cruces, NM 88005
(575)541-0145 41.5 9-12 189
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.