Getwell Elementary School
- Getwell Elementary School's student population of 368 students has declined by 15% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 27 teachers has grown by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||368 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Getwell Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,636 schools in Tennessee (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TN)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#1530 out of 1636 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||10-14%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||6-9%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Shelby County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Memphis Goodlett Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 472 students
3001 S Goodlett St
Memphis, TN 38118
(901)416-2510 0.6 PK-5 472
- Memphis South Park Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 653 students
1736 Getwell Rd
Memphis, TN 38111
(901)416-5024 0.7 PK-5 653
- Memphis Leadership Preparatory Charter School Grades: K-3 | 197 students
4190 Elliston Rd
Memphis, TN 38111
(901)512-4495 1.0 K-3 197
Read why good diet and nutrition is important for high student performance.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.