Glenwood School places among the top 20% of public schools in West Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Glenwood School's student population of 720 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 49 teachers has grown by 11% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||720 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||49 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Glenwood School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Mercer County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bluefield Ceres Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 138 students
3716 Maple Acres Road
Bluefield, WV 24701
(304)325-6786 1.1 K-5 138
- Princeton Sam Perdue Juvenile Center Grades: 6-12 | 13 students
843 Shelter Road
Princeton, WV 24740
(304)425-4689 1.6 6-12 13
- Princeton Princeton Primary School Grades: K-2 | 565 students
180 Tiger Drive
Princeton, WV 24739
(304)487-3904 3.0 K-2 565
- Princeton Mercer County Technical Education Center Grades: PK-12
1397 Stafford Drive
Princeton, WV 24740
(304)425-9551 3.1 PK-12 n/a
This school does allow bulling, ask a child who is being bullied over and over. All they do is talk to them, if they even do that much.
- Posted by Parent - jbrew
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.