Granville Intermediate School
Granville Intermediate School serves 588 students in grades 4-6.
Granville Intermediate School placed in the top 5% of all schools in Ohio for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 92% (which is higher than the Ohio state average of 63%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 87% (which is higher than the Ohio state average of 64%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is higher than the Ohio state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 10% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Asian), which is lower than the Ohio state average of 32% (majority Black).
- Grades: 4-6
- Students: 588 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 18:1
- Minority Enrollment: 10%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 5% in OH
- Math Proficiency: 92% (Top 5%)
- Reading Proficiency: 87% (Top 10%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), OH Dept. of Education
Granville Intermediate School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Ohio for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Granville Intermediate School's student population of 588 students has grown by 9% over five school years.
The teacher population of 32 teachers has grown by 14% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Granville Intermediate School is ranked within the top 5% of all 3,233 schools in Ohio (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Granville Intermediate School is 0.19, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.51. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (OH)
Overall Testing Rank
#97 out of 3233 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
National School Lunch Program
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), OH Dept. of Education
Review Granville Intermediate School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Teaching: Using Virtual Reality
Virtual Reality can enhance your lessons safely and efficiently. Virtual reality allows your students to explore worlds they might not otherwise see. We offer some suggestions on how to use VR in your classrooom.
Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps or JROTC
JROTC offers valuable lessons in leadership, character-building and citizenship. Here's a look at the various JROTC programs out there together with a look at the pros and cons of the program.
July 05, 2022Teaching: Contract Renewal
Most teaching contracts are year-to-year, or longer if you're eligible. Here are some suggestions for safeguarding your employment.