Grayson County High School
- Grayson County High School's student population of 517 students has declined by 28% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 47 teachers has declined by 16% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||517 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||47 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Grayson County High School's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has decreased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1154 out of 1,796 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||GRAYSON CO PBLC SCHS School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Independence Grayson County High Career & Technical Education
110 Blue Devil Drive
Independence, VA 24348
(276)773-2951 0.1 n/a n/a
- Independence Independence Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 245 students
915 E Main St
Independence, VA 24348
(276)773-2722 0.8 K-5 245
- Galax Baywood Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 133 students
247 Grammar Lane
Galax, VA 24333
(276)236-4868 7.5 PK-5 133
- Sparta Alleghany High School Grades: 9-12 | 444 students
404 Trojan Avenue
Sparta, NC 28675
(336)372-4554 7.7 9-12 444
Teachers choose favorites, special need kids get picked on, Athletic kids get special attention.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - bubbl
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.