Sparta Elementary School
Sparta Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in North Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Sparta Elementary School's student population of 567 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 44 teachers has declined by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||567 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||44 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Sparta Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has increased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NC)|
|Overall School Rank||#1109 out of 2,538 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Alleghany County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sparta Alleghany High School Grades: 9-12 | 444 students
404 Trojan Avenue
Sparta, NC 28675
(336)372-4554 0.3 9-12 444
- Independence Grayson County High Career & Technical Education
110 Blue Devil Drive
Independence, VA 24348
(276)773-2951 7.9 n/a n/a
- Independence Independence Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 245 students
915 E Main St
Independence, VA 24348
(276)773-2722 7.9 K-5 245
- Ennice Glade Creek Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 238 students
32 Glade Creek Sch Road
Ennice, NC 28623
(336)657-3388 8.0 PK-8 238
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.