Independence Elementary School
Independence Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Independence Elementary School's student population of 245 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||245 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Independence Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has increased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank||#405 out of 1,796 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||85-89%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||15:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||GRAYSON CO PBLC SCHS School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Independence Grayson County High Career & Technical Education
110 Blue Devil Drive
Independence, VA 24348
(276)773-2951 0.7 n/a n/a
- Galax Baywood Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 133 students
247 Grammar Lane
Galax, VA 24333
(276)236-4868 6.8 PK-5 133
- Sparta Alleghany High School Grades: 9-12 | 444 students
404 Trojan Avenue
Sparta, NC 28675
(336)372-4554 7.6 9-12 444
Learn how you can help improve your child's food options in public school cafeterias.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.