Green Bank Elementary-middle School
- Green Bank Elementary-middle School's student population of 250 students has declined by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||250 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Green Bank Elementary-middle School's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has decreased from 11:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Pocahontas County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dunmore Pocahontas County High School Grades: 9-12 | 324 students
Route 1 Box 133a
Dunmore, WV 24934
(304)799-6565 11.3 9-12 324
- Monterey Highland Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 108 students
252 Myers/moon Rd
Monterey, VA 24465
(540)468-6360 13.1 PK-5 108
- Monterey Highland High School Grades: 6-12 | 110 students
244 Myers/moon Rd
Monterey, VA 24465
(540)468-6320 13.1 6-12 110
- Valley Head Valley Head Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 26 students
Valley Head, WV 26294
(304)339-4950 14.1 K-5 26
- Marlinton Marlinton Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 262 students
926 Fifth Avenue
Marlinton, WV 24954
(304)799-6551 20.6 PK-5 262
Nearby Homes for Sale
Not just kids need schooling. Learn about the Parent Academy offered through Miami-Dade County Public Schools, where parents go back to school.
Across the country, parents are opting their children out of Common Core testing, with New York City seeing some of the biggest opt-out numbers. How is this massive school district handling the situation?
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.