Greenfield Elementary School
Greenfield Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Michigan for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Greenfield Elementary School's student population of 289 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||289 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Greenfield Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 3,167 schools in Michigan (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MI)|
|Overall School Rank||#404 out of 3167 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Birmingham Public Schools School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Franklin Nexus Academy Of Royal Oak Grades: 9-12 | 108 students
31333 Southfield Rd
Franklin, MI 48025
(248)593-8440 0.9 9-12 108
- Berkley Pattengill School Grades: K-12 | 285 students
3540 Morrison Ave
Berkley, MI 48072
(248)837-8700 1.0 K-12 285
- Birmingham Pierce Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 582 students
1829 Pierce St
Birmingham, MI 48009
(248)203-4337 1.0 K-5 582
- Southfield Vandenberg Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 361 students
16100 Edwards Ave
Southfield, MI 48076
(248)746-7377 1.0 K-5 361
- Franklin Beverly Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 345 students
18305 Beverly Rd
Franklin, MI 48025
(248)203-3164 1.1 K-5 345
As public schools in the United States continue to increase in their racial, ethnic, economic, and religious diversity, some districts need to rethink their holiday celebrations in a manner that is inclusive and respectful of all people.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.