Griffin Elementary School
Griffin Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Griffin Elementary School's student population of 1,038 students has grown by 11% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 64 teachers has grown by 12% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||1,038 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||64 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Griffin Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall School Rank||#107 out of 7,879 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Katy Isd School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Katy Roosevelt Alexander Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 1024 students
6161 S Fry Rd
Katy, TX 77494
(281)237-7100 0.7 PK-5 1024
- Katy Bonnie Holland Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 1055 students
23720 Seven Meadow Pkwy
Katy, TX 77449
(281)234-0500 0.8 PK-5 1055
- Katy Harmony Science Academy-katy Grades: K-5 | 663 students
22400 Grand Corner Dr
Katy, TX 77494
(832)437-3926 1.0 K-5 663
- Katy Rodger & Ellen Beck J High School Grades: 6-8 | 999 students
5200 S Fry Rd
Katy, TX 77450
(281)237-3300 1.1 6-8 999
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.