Grunsky Elementary School
Grunsky Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Grunsky Elementary School's student population of 588 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has declined by 11% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||588 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Grunsky Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 37:1 has increased from 32:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#8309 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||37:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Stockton Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school, and elementary school to Grunsky Elementary School is Aspire Langston Hughes Academy (0.4 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oakland Aspire Langston Hughes Academy Grades: 6-12 | 712 students
2050 W. Ln.
Oakland, CA 94606
(209)943-2389 0.4 6-12 712
- Oakland Aspire Port City Academy Grades: K-5 | 405 students
2040 W. Ln.
Oakland, CA 94606
(209)943-2389 0.4 K-5 405
- Stockton John C. Fremont Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 889 students
2021 E. Flora St.
Stockton, CA 95205
(209)933-7385 0.6 K-8 889
- Stockton Health Careers Academy Grades: 9-12 | 491 students
931 E. Magnolia St.
Stockton, CA 95203
(209)933-7360 0.7 9-12 491
- Stockton Pittman Charter Grades: K-8 | 667 students
701 E. Park St.
Stockton, CA 95202
(209)933-7496 0.9 K-8 667
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn more about the growing prevalence of female bulling and how public schools are managing the important issues.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.