- Hamlin Pk-8's student population of 526 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 37 teachers has declined by 7% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||526 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Hamlin Pk-8's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Lincoln County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hamlin Lincoln County High School Grades: 9-12 | 855 students
81 Lincoln Panther Way
Hamlin, WV 25523
(304)824-6000 0.3 9-12 855
- West Hamlin West Hamlin Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 537 students
Route 1 Box 112a
West Hamlin, WV 25571
(304)824-3630 4.8 PK-5 537
- Branchland Guyan Valley Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 271 students
5312 Mcclellan Highway
Branchland, WV 25506
(304)824-3235 5.1 6-8 271
- Griffithsville Duval Pk-8 Grades: PK-8 | 519 students
State Route 3
Griffithsville, WV 25521
(304)524-2101 6.8 PK-8 519
- Salt Rock Salt Rock Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 213 students
5570 Madison Creek Rd
Salt Rock, WV 25559
(304)733-3037 7.0 PK-5 213
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.