- Hamlin Pk-8's student population of 526 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 37 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||526 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Hamlin Pk-8's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Lincoln County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hamlin Lincoln County High School Grades: 9-12 | 855 students
81 Lincoln Panther Way
Hamlin, WV 25523
(304)824-6000 0.3 9-12 855
- West Hamlin West Hamlin Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 537 students
Route 1 Box 112a
West Hamlin, WV 25571
(304)824-3630 4.8 PK-5 537
- Branchland Guyan Valley Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 271 students
5312 Mcclellan Highway
Branchland, WV 25506
(304)824-3235 5.1 6-8 271
- Griffithsville Duval Pk-8 Grades: PK-8 | 519 students
State Route 3
Griffithsville, WV 25521
(304)524-2101 6.8 PK-8 519
- Salt Rock Salt Rock Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 213 students
5570 Madison Creek Rd
Salt Rock, WV 25559
(304)733-3037 7.0 PK-5 213
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.