Hancock Elementary School
- Hancock Elementary School's student population of 36 students has declined by 20% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 6 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||36 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Hancock Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 6:1 has decreased from 8:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MA)|
|Overall School Rank||#643 out of 1,671 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-59%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-79%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1||13:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Hancock School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cherry Plain Berlin Middle School/high School Grades: 6-12 | 414 students
17400 Ny 22
Cherry Plain, NY 12040
(518)658-1500 5.2 6-12 414
- Lanesborough Lanesborough Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 206 students
188 Summer Street
Lanesborough, MA 01237
(413)443-0027 5.9 PK-6 206
- Reading Robert T. Capeless Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 209 students
86 Brooks Avenue
Reading, MA 01867
(413)448-9665 6.9 PK-5 209
- Cheshire Cheshire Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 244 students
191 Church Street
Cheshire, MA 01225
(413)743-2298 7.2 PK-5 244
- Williamstown Mt Greylock Regional High School Grades: 7-12 | 562 students
1781 Cold Spring Road
Williamstown, MA 01267
(413)458-9582 7.2 7-12 562
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.