Hancock School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there is 1 public school in Hancock School District, serving 42 students. Hancock School District has one of the highest concentrations of top ranked public schools in Massachusetts.
- Public school in Hancock School District have an average math proficiency score of 50% (versus the Massachusetts public school average of 52%), and reading proficiency score of 70% (versus the 57% statewide average). This district's average testing ranking is 6/10, which is in the top 50% of public schools in Massachusetts.
- Minority enrollment is 2% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Massachusetts public school average of 40% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 6:1 is less than the Massachusetts public school average of 13:1.
|School District Name||Hancock School District|
|School District Website||http://www.richmondconsolidated.org|
|School District Phone Number||(413) 698-4001|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 06|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MA)|
|# of Schools||1 School||1,854 Schools|
|# of Students||42 Students||953,660 Students|
|# of Teachers||7 Teachers||73,118 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1||13:1|
- Hancock School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 403 school districts in Massachusetts (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-2018 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (MA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#261 out of 403 school districts|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-59%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-59%|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||2,100 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a||65,565 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||n/a||191,095 Students|
|% Hispanic Students||n/a|
|# of Black Students||1 Student||86,283 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||41 Students||573,115 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||812 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||n/a||34,581 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||11||30,418|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||4||65,872|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||3||68,019|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||4||68,249|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||3||70,066|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||2||72,164|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||5||72,391|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||10||71,172|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-||70,843|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-||71,876|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||76,601|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||73,016|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||71,748|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||70,028|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||1,197|
Fiscal Data Comparison
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017||This School District||This State (MA)|
|Total Revenue||$1 MM||$28 MM|
|Spending||$1 MM||$26 MM|
|Revenue / Student (04-05)||$25,660||$16,492|
|Revenue / Student (04-05)||$25,226||$15,640|
Hancock School District Public Schools (2020-21)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Hancock Elementary School 3080 Hancock Road
Lanesborough, MA 01237
Grades: PK-6 | 42 students
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.