Har-bur Middle School
Har-bur Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in Connecticut for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Har-bur Middle School's student population of 777 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 68 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-8|
|Total Students||777 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||68 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Har-bur Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has decreased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CT)|
|Overall School Rank||#395 out of 968 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||13:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Regional 10 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New Hartford Ann Antolini School Grades: 3-6 | 278 students
30 Antolini Road
New Hartford, CT 06057
(860)489-4169 3.5 3-6 278
- Harwinton Harwinton Consolidated School Grades: PK-4 | 372 students
115 Litchfield Rd.
Harwinton, CT 06791
(860)485-9029 4.2 PK-4 372
- New Hartford Bakerville Consolidated School Grades: K-2 | 99 students
51 Cedar Ln.
New Hartford, CT 06057
(860)482-0288 4.3 K-2 99
- Canton Canton Intermediate School Grades: 4-6 | 379 students
39 Dyer Ave.
Canton, CT 06019
(860)693-7717 4.6 4-6 379
Great School teaches a lot of things! Teachers are beyond amazing and always care about students grades and are ready to help at any time!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Anonymus
Harbur middle school is the best school around. I would recommend it to anyone, espiecally athletes. Our sports teams have had undefeated sports teams for around 5 years. Harbur middle school is a wonderful school academic wise too. The teachers are amazing and will go out of their way to help a student, including come before school, stay after school, or give them more time on a project. Harbur is a caring community.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Baran
I think they have a large range of things kids can study. They have nice teachers and students. Teachers have great fun ways for kids to learn which they enjoy. The children get a choice of what instrument they want to play. The middle school band is known for excellent performences and they have a wonderful teacher Mr. Cramery. Each student takes art class for 6-8 weeks once a year. They learn how to do different creative things. There are always sports going on in Har-Bur. In the beginning of the school year They have cross-country and soccer. Winter they have girls and boys bascketball and girls cheerleading. In spring they have track and field. This school also has a good reputation for sports. All of the classrooms and bathrooms look clean even with the construction going on. There was one think I noticed that I didn't really like. The girls bathroom in the 7th grade wing has been out of order for about 2 or 3 months. Now you only have 2 availible stalls in the bathroom. You go on exciting field trips where parents can go on. I think your school is one of the best in the state!
- Posted by Parent - gucci