Harold O Brumsted Elementary School
- Harold O Brumsted Elementary School's student population of 478 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 36 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||478 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Harold O Brumsted Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has increased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#3244 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Holland Central School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Holland Holland Junior/senior High School Grades: 7-12 | 409 students
103 Canada St
Holland, NY 14080
(716)537-8220 0.1 7-12 409
- East Aurora East Aurora High School Grades: 9-12 | 629 students
1003 Center St
East Aurora, NY 14052
(716)687-2505 7.3 9-12 629
- Colden Colden Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 204 students
8263 Boston-colden Rd
Colden, NY 14033
(716)592-3217 7.5 K-5 204
- East Aurora Wales Primary School Grades: K-4 | 244 students
4650 Woodchuck Rd
East Aurora, NY 14052
(716)652-3000 8.1 K-4 244
- Yorkshire Pioneer Middle School Grades: 5-9 | 720 students
12132 Old Olean Rd
Yorkshire, NY 14173
(716)492-9375 9.1 5-9 720
Nearby Homes for Sale
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.