Hatton Elementary School
Hatton Elementary School serves 336 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Hatton Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Connecticut for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 70-74% (which is higher than the Connecticut state average of 48%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 65-69% (which is higher than the Connecticut state average of 58%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is equal to the Connecticut state level of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 16% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Connecticut state average of 46% (majority Hispanic).
Hatton Elementary School's student population of 336 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
The teacher population of 28 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Hatton Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 957 schools in Connecticut (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Hatton Elementary School is 0.29, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.64. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (CT)
Overall Testing Rank
#246 out of 957 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, CT Dept. of Education
Review Hatton Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Common Behavioral Issues in School-Age Children and How Alternative Schools Can Help
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
Signs of Sex Abuse at School: What Parents Should Know
Nearly 10% of students will encounter sexual misconduct at school. Make sure you know how to protect your child and recognize the signs of potential sex abuse.
Denver Public Schools Buck Trend, Plug School-to-Prison Pipeline
In a district where progressive discipline policies are already the norm, Denver Public Schools seek to limit student exposure to the criminal justice system, rather than criminalize student behavior.