Hawthorne Elementary School
Top Placements (California)
Hawthorne Elementary School is Listed among the top public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 10%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Hawthorne Elementary School's student population of 650 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 39 teachers has grown by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||650 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||39 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Hawthorne Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||24:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Hawthorne Elementary School is Beverly Hills Unified School District, which is ranked within the top 10% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Beverly Hills Unified School District's student population of 4,125 students has decreased by 8% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $15,146 is higher than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has declined by 24% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $14,755 is higher than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has declined by 11% over four school years.
|School District Name||Beverly Hills Unified School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||4,125||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$68 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$67 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$15,146||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$14,755||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hawthorne Executive Preparatory Academy Of Finance Grades: 9-12 | 202 students
2506 W. Imperial Hwy.
Hawthorne, CA 90250
(323)756-1426 0.9 9-12 202
- Beverly Hills Beverly Vista Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 690 students
200 S. Elm Dr.
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
(310)229-3665 1.0 K-8 690
- Beverly Hills El Rodeo Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 684 students
605 N. Whittier Dr.
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
(310)229-3670 1.0 K-8 684
- Beverly Hills Albert Einstein Academy For Ltrs Arts & Scis - Odyssey Grades: K-12 | 185 students
8844 Burton Way
Beverly Hills, CA 90211
(424)284-3300 1.1 K-12 185