Hazen Uhsd # 26
Hazen Uhsd # 26 places among the top 20% of public schools in Vermont for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Hazen Uhsd # 26's student population of 299 students has declined by 13% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 34 teachers has grown by 13% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||299 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Hazen Uhsd # 26 is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 290 schools in Vermont (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 has decreased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VT)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#260 out of 290 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)||20-24%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)||40-44%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Hazen UHSD #26 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hardwick Hardwick Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 257 students
135 South Main Street
Hardwick, VT 05843
(802) 472-5411 0.4 PK-6 257
- Wolcott Wolcott Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 143 students
320 School Hill Drive
Wolcott, VT 05680
(802) 472-6551 4.8 PK-6 143
- Woodbury Woodbury Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 57 students
63 Valley Lake Road
Woodbury, VT 05681
(802) 472-5715 5.4 PK-6 57
- Greensboro Lakeview Usd #43 Grades: PK-6 | 74 students
189 Lauredon Avenue
Greensboro, VT 05841
(802) 533-7066 6.1 PK-6 74
- Cabot Cabot School Grades: PK-12 | 182 students
25 Common Road
Cabot, VT 05647
(802) 563-2289 7.8 PK-12 182
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.