Hereford High School
Hereford High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Maryland for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 1%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 1%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Hereford High School's student population of 1,182 students has declined by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 65 teachers has declined by 13% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2016)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,182 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||65 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Hereford High School is ranked within the top 5% of all 1,367 schools in Maryland (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has increased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Overall School Rank||#24 out of 1,367 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Baltimore County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Monkton Hereford Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 983 students
712 Corbett Rd
Monkton, MD 21111
(410)887-7902 2.1 6-8 983
- Freeland Prettyboy Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 427 students
19810 Middletown Rd
Freeland, MD 21053
(410)887-1900 5.3 K-5 427
- Parkton Seventh District Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 418 students
20300 York Rd
Parkton, MD 21120
(410)887-1902 5.6 PK-5 418
While some schools are debating whether to teach sex ed, Philadelphia schools will be making free condoms available in 22 schools across the district.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.