Hereford High School
Hereford High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Maryland for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 1%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 1%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Hereford High School's student population of 1182 students has declined by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 65 teachers has declined by 16% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2016)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,182 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||65 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Hereford High School is ranked within the top 5% of all 1367 schools in Maryland (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has increased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Hereford High School is Baltimore County School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 25 school districts in Maryland (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Baltimore County School District's student population of 111,138 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 89% has increased from 82% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $14,469 in this district is less than the state average of $16,454. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $14,351 is less than the state average of $16,634. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|School District Name||Baltimore County School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||111,138||17,941|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate|
|District Total Revenue||$1,547 MM||$295 MM|
|District Spending||$1,535 MM||$298 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$14,469||$16,454|
|District Spending / Student||$14,351||$16,634|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Monkton Hereford Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 983 students
712 Corbett Rd
Monkton, MD 21111
(410)887-7902 2.1 6-8 983
- Freeland Prettyboy Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 427 students
19810 Middletown Rd
Freeland, MD 21053
(410)887-1900 5.3 K-5 427
- Parkton Seventh District Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 418 students
20300 York Rd
Parkton, MD 21120
(410)887-1902 5.6 PK-5 418
We analyze on a new study that shows restricting sugary snacks in vending machines in schools resulted in less weight-gain over a three-year period.
A number of school districts across the country are considering the closure of some of their public schools. We’ll look at reasons for the closures and what parents are doing to protest.
We report on the back to school campaign launched by CPS despite huge issues facing the district, including reports of school officials lying to get their children free lunches, conflicts between administrators and teachers’ union, and a lower bond rating.