Sparks Elementary School
Sparks Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Maryland for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Sparks Elementary School's student population of 516 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 31 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2005)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||516 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Sparks Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 1,359 schools in Maryland (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#55 out of 1359 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||n/a|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Baltimore County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Monkton Hereford Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1,013 student
712 Corbett Rd
Monkton, MD 21111
(410) 887-7902 1.8 6-8 1,013
- Parkton Hereford High School Grades: 9-12 | 1,267 student
17301 York Rd
Parkton, MD 21120
(410) 887-1905 3.7 9-12 1,267
- Cockeysville Cockeysville Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 911 students
10401 Greenside Dr
Cockeysville, MD 21030
(410) 887-7626 5.7 6-8 911
- Cockeysville Warren Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 419 students
900 Bosley Rd
Cockeysville, MD 21030
(410) 887-7665 6.2 PK-5 419
- Phoenix Jacksonville Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 539 students
3400 Hillendale Heights Rd
Phoenix, MD 21131
(410) 887-7880 6.3 K-5 539
I think that Sparks Elementary School is a wonderful school with great aparastics. I am so sad to leave sparks this year. I have loved being a student at sparks since kindergarten and I will miss it so much.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Maelan Altberger
Learn about how public schools are impacted by an economic recession, job losses, and funding cuts.
Through the Gates Foundation, Bill Gates has not only donated billions of dollars to public schools, but will now sponsor in-depth research on improving teaching that may change the face of public school education forever.
The start of the school year translates into greater risks for the spread of H1N1. Learn about how public schools across the country are combating the risks, as well as what you can do to keep your children safe.