Herington Middle School
- Herington Middle School's student population of 111 students has grown by 19% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 7 teachers has declined by 30% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||111 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Herington Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 9:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (KS)|
|Overall School Rank||#1071 out of 1,268 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||10-14%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Herington School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Herington Herington High School Grades: 9-12 | 141 students
1401 North D
Herington, KS 67449
(785)258-2261 0.1 9-12 141
- Herington Herington Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 240 students
1403 North D Street
Herington, KS 67449
(785)258-3234 1.9 PK-5 240
- Hope Hope Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 115 students
200 Poplar St
Hope, KS 67451
(785)366-7221 7.2 PK-8 115
- Lost Springs Centre Grades: PK-12 | 482 students
2374 310th Street
Lost Springs, KS 66859
(785)983-4321 11.7 PK-12 482
- White City White City Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 109 students
White City, KS 66872
(785)349-2211 13.4 PK-8 109
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.