Hermon Elementary School
Hermon Elementary School serves 438 students in grades Prekindergarten-4.
Hermon Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Maine for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 45-49% (which is higher than the Maine state average of 36%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 55-59% (which is approximately equal to the Maine state average of 56%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is higher than the Maine state level of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 7% of the student body (majority Asian and Black), which is lower than the Maine state average of 11% (majority Black and Hispanic).
Hermon Elementary School's student population of 438 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
The teacher population of 32 teachers has grown by 6% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Hermon Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 524 schools in Maine (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Hermon Elementary School is 0.14, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.21. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (ME)
Overall Testing Rank
#131 out of 524 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, ME Dept. of Education
Review Hermon Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
All-Girl Public High Schools: Improving Confidence and College Success
While all-girl public high schools are not prevalent, their advantages are significant. Learn about the academic and social benefits of an all-girls education.
4 Ways Parents Can Turn a Campus into a Top Public School
Every campus has the potential to become a top public school. Learn about what you can do as a parent to improve your child's public school.
Segregation: A Modern Problem for Public Schools in the South
Learn about the unfortunate cases of segregation that are arising in public schools in the South, as well as the legal rulings forcing desegregation once again.