Hillside Intermediate School
- Hillside Intermediate School's student population of 562 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 57 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-6|
|Total Students||562 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||57 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Hillside Intermediate School is ranked within the top 30% of all 2,236 schools in New Jersey (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NJ)|
|Overall School Rank|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Bridgewater-raritan Regional School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bridgewater Eisenhower Intermediate School Grades: 5-6 | 747 students
791 Eisenhower Ave
Bridgewater, NJ 08807
(908)231-0230 1.4 5-6 747
- Basking Ridge Mount Prospect Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 671 students
111 Hansom Rd
Basking Ridge, NJ 07920
(908)470-1600 1.8 PK-5 671
- Bridgewater Van Holten Elementary School Grades: K-4 | 415 students
360 Van Holten Rd
Bridgewater, NJ 08807
(908)231-1220 2.3 K-4 415
I graduated from Hillside Middle School in 1999, when it was still known as, "Hillside Intermediate School." At the time, it contained Grades 4-5, and was very strong on academics. Besides having a 5th Grade teacher who assigned a workload more fitting for high school, it was a pleasant experience being there as a student. As a teacher now, I would strongly recommend Hillside to both prospective students and teachers alike!
- Posted by Teacher - kasbo
A new program in San Antonio and Austin tracks students with truancy history with GPS devices. The program is designed to improve attendance rates and student achievement.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.