Hoover Middle School
- Grades: 6-8
- Enrollment: 654 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 22:1
- Minority Enrollment: 95%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 50% in CA
- Math Proficiency: 38% (Top 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 52% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
38% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 40% CA state average), while 52% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 51% CA state average).
How many students attend Hoover Middle School?
654 students attend Hoover Middle School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
54% of Hoover Middle School students are Hispanic, 22% of students are Black, 11% of students are Asian, 6% of students are Two or more races, 5% of students are White, and 2% of students are Hawaiian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Hoover Middle School?
Hoover Middle School has a student ration of 22:1, which is equal to the California state average of 22:1.
What grades does Hoover Middle School offer ?
Hoover Middle School offers enrollment in grades 6-8
Review Hoover Middle School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities