Horace Mann School
Horace Mann School places among the top 20% of public schools in Minnesota for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 10%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Horace Mann School's student population of 449 students has grown by 16% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||449 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Horace Mann School is ranked within the top 10% of all 1,793 schools in Minnesota (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MN)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#113 out of 1793 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||St. Paul Public School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Paul Early Ed Highland
1700 Saunders Ave
Saint Paul, MN 55116
(651) 293-8770 0.8 n/a n/a
- Saint Paul Nova Classical Academy Lower School Grades: K-5 | 468 students
1455 Victoria Way
Saint Paul, MN 55102
(651) 209-6320 0.9 K-5 468
- Saint Paul Highland Park Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 808 students
975 Snelling Ave S
Saint Paul, MN 55116
(651) 293-8950 1.1 6-8 808
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.