Horizon Charter School Of Tampa
- Horizon Charter School Of Tampa's student population of 298 students has grown by 49% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has grown by 53% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||298 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Horizon Charter School Of Tampa's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall School Rank||#882 out of 3,601 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Hillsborough School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tampa Town & Country Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 379 students
6025 Hanley Rd
Tampa, FL 33634
(813)871-7500 0.9 PK-5 379
- Tampa Dickenson Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 604 students
4720 Kelly Rd
Tampa, FL 33615
(813)873-4732 1.2 PK-5 604
- Tampa Morgan Woods Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 502 students
7001 Armand Dr
Tampa, FL 33634
(813)872-5369 1.3 PK-5 502
We feel sending our son to Horizon was the best decision we could have ever made for him. His excitement for learning grows every day. The staff is loving and encouraging, creating an environment of engaged learning for all their students. They go beyond teaching the basics; also teaching their students problem solving, critical thinking, compassion, integrity and how to find balance. The entire staff is welcoming to parents and work with parents to ensure their child's academic success.
- Posted by Parent - Parent
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.