Howell Cheney Technical High School
Howell Cheney Technical High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Connecticut for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Howell Cheney Technical High School's student population of 624 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 57 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Vocational school|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||624 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||57 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Howell Cheney Technical High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 968 schools in Connecticut (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CT)|
|Overall School Rank||#790 out of 968 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Connecticut Technical High Sc School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Manchester Verplanck School Grades: K-5 | 390 students
126 Olcott St.
Manchester, CT 06040
(860)647-3383 0.8 K-5 390
- Manchester Waddell School Grades: K-5 | 347 students
163 Broad St.
Manchester, CT 06042
(860)647-3392 1.4 K-5 347
- Manchester Manchester Regional Academy Grades: 7-12 | 70 students
665 Wetherell St.
Manchester, CT 06040
(860)647-3495 1.7 7-12 70
- East Hartford Woodland School Grades: 1-12 | 170 students
110 Long Hill Dr.
East Hartford, CT 06108
(860)622-5900 1.7 1-12 170
Nearby Homes for Sale
Learn about the education reform that is currently making its way through the Louisiana state legislature and the teacher protests that have arisen as a result.
Learn more about the growing prevalence of female bulling and how public schools are managing the important issues.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.