Howells-dodge Elementary School/dodge
Howells-dodge Elementary School/dodge serves 77 students in grades 2-6.
Howells-dodge Elementary School/dodge placed in the top 20% of all schools in Nebraska for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 30%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 70-79% (which is higher than the Nebraska state average of 52%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 60-69% (which is higher than the Nebraska state average of 52%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is lower than the Nebraska state level of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 26% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Nebraska state average of 35% (majority Hispanic).
- Grades: 2-6
- Students: 77 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 11:1
- Minority Enrollment: 26%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 20% in NE
- Math Proficiency: 70-79% (Top 10%)
- Reading Proficiency: 60-69% (Top 30%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), NE Dept. of Education
Howells-dodge Elementary School/dodge's student population of 77 students has grown by 48% over five school years.
The teacher population of 7 teachers has grown by 16% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Howells-dodge Elementary School/dodge is ranked within the top 20% of all 904 schools in Nebraska (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Howells-dodge Elementary School/dodge is 0.41, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.54. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (NE)
Overall Testing Rank
#122 out of 904 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
National School Lunch Program
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), NE Dept. of Education
Review Howells-dodge Elementary School/dodge. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Teaching: Using Virtual Reality
Virtual Reality can enhance your lessons safely and efficiently. Virtual reality allows your students to explore worlds they might not otherwise see. We offer some suggestions on how to use VR in your classrooom.
Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps or JROTC
JROTC offers valuable lessons in leadership, character-building and citizenship. Here's a look at the various JROTC programs out there together with a look at the pros and cons of the program.
July 05, 2022Teaching: Contract Renewal
Most teaching contracts are year-to-year, or longer if you're eligible. Here are some suggestions for safeguarding your employment.