Hyer Elementary School
- Hyer Elementary School's student population of 697 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 47 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2005)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-4|
|Total Students||697 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||47 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Hyer Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall School Rank||#73 out of 7,879 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Highland Park Isd School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dallas University Park Elementary School Grades: K-4 | 648 students
3505 Amherst Ave
Dallas, TX 75225
(214)780-3400 0.7 K-4 648
- Dallas Highland Park High School Grades: 9-12 | 2160 students
4220 Emerson Ave
Dallas, TX 75205
(214)780-3700 1.0 9-12 2160
- Dallas Henry W Longfellow Career Exploration Academy Grades: 6-8 | 417 students
5314 Boaz St
Dallas, TX 75209
(972)749-5400 1.3 6-8 417
- Dallas Highland Park Middle School Grades: 7-9 | 1116 students
3555 Granada Ave
Dallas, TX 75205
(214)780-3600 1.3 7-9 1116
Did your child's school make the list? We cover the latest Blue Ribbon Schools awards given by Education Secretary Arne Duncan.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.