Basin School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 2 public schools in Basin School District, serving 356 students.
- Minority enrollment is 7% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Idaho public school average of 25% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the Idaho public school average of 18:1.
|School District Name||Basin School District|
|School District Phone Number||(208) 392-4183|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (ID)|
|# of Schools||2 Schools||752 Schools|
|# of Students||356 Students||301,347 Students|
|# of Teachers||27 Teachers||16,385 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||18:1|
- Basin School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 155 school districts in Idaho (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (ID)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 Student||3,690 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||1 Student||3,720 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||13 Students||54,546 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||3 Students||3,245 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||331 Students||227,175 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 Student||962 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||6 Students||8,083 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||5||2,845|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||19||21,119|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||16||22,162|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||21||22,395|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||25||23,155|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||24||24,022|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||30||24,157|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||26||23,755|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||26||24,015|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||31||23,404|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||37||23,627|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||31||22,967|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||34||22,214|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||31||21,507|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||3|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $12,148 is higher than the state average of $9,279. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $11,475 is higher than the state average of $9,077. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (ID)|
|Total Revenue||$4 MM||$5 MM|
|Spending||$4 MM||$5 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$12,148||$9,279|
|Spending / Student||$11,475||$9,077|
Basin School District Public Schools (2020-21)
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.