Basin School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there is 1 public high school in Basin School District, serving 190 students. Public high school in Basin School District have an average math proficiency score of 22% (versus the Idaho public high school average of 39%), and reading proficiency score of 42% (versus the 57% statewide average). This district's average high testing ranking is 3/10, which is in the bottom 50% of public high schools in Idaho.
- public high school in Basin School District have a Graduation Rate of 80%, which is equal to the Idaho average of 80%.
- Minority enrollment is 7% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Idaho public high school average of 23% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the Idaho public high school average of 18:1.
|School District Name||Basin School District|
|School District Phone Number||(208) 392-4183|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (ID)|
|# of Schools||1 School||260 Schools|
|# of Students||190 Students||110,357 Students|
|# of Teachers||15 Teachers||6,327 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||18:1|
- Basin School District, which is ranked within the3/, bottom 50% of all 134 school districts in Idaho (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.10
- The school district's graduation rate of 80% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (ID)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 Student||1,353 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||1 Student||1,691 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||6 Students||18,032 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||2 Students||1,360 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||176 Students||84,952 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 Student||392 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||3 Students||2,651 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||116|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||1,117|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||1,125|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||1,139|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||1,171|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||1,257|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||1,304|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-||1,864|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||26||5,455|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||31||5,492|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||37||23,627|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||31||22,967|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||34||22,214|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||31||21,507|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||2|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $12,148 is higher than the state average of 9279. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $11,475 is higher than the state average of $9,077. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (ID)|
|Total Revenue||$4 MM||4686000|
|Revenue / Student||$12,148||9279|
|Spending / Student||$11,475||9077|
Basin School District Public High Schools (2020-21)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Idaho City High School 100 Centerville Road
Idaho City, ID 83631
Grades: 7-12 | 190 students
Amidst the controversy surrounding President Obama's school address, learn about whether or not parents have any rights in choosing who their children's public schools invite as speakers.
Learn about the history of public schools incorporating self-contained classrooms, and whether they are right for your child.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.