Basin School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there is 1 public preschool in Basin School District, serving 166 students. Public preschool in Basin School District have an average math proficiency score of 52% (versus the Idaho public pre school average of 47%), and reading proficiency score of 52% (versus the 53% statewide average). This district's average pre testing ranking is 7/10, which is in the top 50% of public pre schools in Idaho.
- Minority enrollment is 7% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Idaho public preschool average of 25% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is less than the Idaho public preschool average of 19:1.
|School District Name||Basin School District|
|School District Phone Number||(208) 392-4183|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (ID)|
|# of Schools||1 School||328 Schools|
|# of Students||166 Students||123,096 Students|
|# of Teachers||12 Teachers||6,555 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||19:1|
- Basin School District, which is ranked within the7/, top 50% of all 121 school districts in Idaho (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.10
- The school district's graduation rate of 80% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (ID)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||1,391 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a||1,446 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||7 Students||23,088 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||1 Student||1,380 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||155 Students||91,803 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||386 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||3 Students||3,602 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||5||2,756|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||19||17,849|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||16||18,372|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||21||18,489|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||25||18,788|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||24||18,128|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||30||17,140|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||26||6,595|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-||1,160|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-||1,074|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||762|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||663|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||692|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||626|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||2|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $12,148 is higher than the state average of 9279. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $11,475 is higher than the state average of $9,077. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (ID)|
|Total Revenue||$4 MM||4686000|
|Revenue / Student||$12,148||9279|
|Spending / Student||$11,475||9077|
Basin School District Public Preschools (2020-21)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Basin Elementary School 101 North Elk Creek Road
Idaho City, ID 83631
Grades: PK-6 | 166 students
Gang activity continues to be prevalent throughout public schools, ranging from urban cities to suburban enclaves. Learn about how public schools are combating gang violence today with comprehensive initiatives.
With the end of the “No Child Left Behind” program looming, it appears that almost 80% of our country’s schools will get a failing grade, according to federal standards. Could waivers help repair the broken NCLB program?
Amidst the controversy surrounding President Obama's school address, learn about whether or not parents have any rights in choosing who their children's public schools invite as speakers.