Innovations High School
Innovations High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Nevada for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- Innovations High School's student population of 126 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
|School Type||Alternative school / Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||126 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Innovations High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 660 schools in Nevada (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 8:1 has increased from 7:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NV)|
|Overall School Rank||#639 out of 660 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤10%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||11-19%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1||21:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Washoe County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Reno Honors Academy Of Literature Grades: K-8 | 215 students
195 N. Arlington Ave
Reno, NV 89501
(775)737-4084 0.3 K-8 215
- Reno Reno High School Grades: 9-12 | 1,675 student
395 Booth Street
Reno, NV 89509
(775)333-5050 0.5 9-12 1,675
- Reno Mount Rose K-8 Academy Of Languages Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 492 students
915 Lander Street
Reno, NV 89509
(775)333-5030 0.8 PK-8 492
- Reno The Davidson Academy Of Nevada Grades: 6-12 | 172 students
Jot Travis Bulding #048 1164 N
Reno, NV 89507
(775)682-5800 1.0 6-12 172
- Reno Elmcrest Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 414 students
855 Mcdonald Drive
Reno, NV 89503
(775)746-5850 1.1 PK-6 414
What is the best way to evaluate the quality of a public high school? Learn about the data available that helps parents choose a high school based upon how well their graduates perform in college.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.