Irving Elementary School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 365 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 12:1
- Minority Enrollment: 93%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in KS
- Math Proficiency: 6-9% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 20-24% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), KS Dept. of Education
Irving Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Kansas for:
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Irving Elementary School's ranking?
Irving Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Kansas for: Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 5%).
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
6-9% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 28% KS state average), while 20-24% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 36% KS state average).
How many students attend Irving Elementary School?
365 students attend Irving Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
90% of Irving Elementary School students are Hispanic, 7% of students are White, 2% of students are Black, and 1% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Irving Elementary School?
Irving Elementary School has a student ration of 12:1, which is lower than the Kansas state average of 13:1.
What grades does Irving Elementary School offer ?
Irving Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-5
What school district is Irving Elementary School part of?
Irving Elementary School is part of Wichita School District.
Review Irving Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities