Jack Swigert Aerospace Academy
Jack Swigert Aerospace Academy places among the top 20% of public schools in Colorado for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 5%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Jack Swigert Aerospace Academy's student population of 474 students has declined by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 35 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||474 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Jack Swigert Aerospace Academy's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CO)|
|Overall School Rank||#1508 out of 1,704 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Colorado Springs No. 11 in the county of E School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Colorado Springs Roosevelt Charter Academy Grades: K-5 | 698 students
205 South Byron Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80910
(719)637-0311 0.2 K-5 698
- Colorado Springs Monroe Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 523 students
15 South Chelton Road
Colorado Springs, CO 80910
(719)328-7400 0.9 PK-5 523
- Colorado Springs Sand Creek Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 522 students
550 Sand Creek Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80916
(719)579-3760 0.9 PK-5 522
- Colorado Springs Mitchell High School Grades: 9-12 | 1345 students
1205 Potter Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80909
(719)328-6600 1.0 9-12 1345
- Colorado Springs Wilson Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 421 students
1409 De Reamer Circle
Colorado Springs, CO 80915
(719)328-7800 1.3 K-5 421
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.