James Hart School
- James Hart School's student population of 761 students has grown by 68% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 61 teachers has grown by 45% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||761 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||61 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- James Hart School's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has increased from 11:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Overall School Rank||#1363 out of 3,544 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Homewood SD 153 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Glenwood Longwood Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 362 students
441 N Longwood Dr
Glenwood, IL 60425
(708)757-2100 0.6 PK-4 362
- Homewood Willow School Grades: PK-2 | 593 students
1804 Willow Rd
Homewood, IL 60430
(708)798-3720 1.0 PK-2 593
- Homewood Winston Churchill School Grades: 3-5 | 586 students
1300 190th St
Homewood, IL 60430
(708)798-3424 1.1 3-5 586
- Thornton Wolcott School Grades: K-8 | 237 students
200 N Wolcott St
Thornton, IL 60476
(708)877-2526 1.6 K-8 237
- Chicago Heights Serena Hills Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 336 students
255 Pleasant Dr
Chicago Heights, IL 60411
(708)647-7300 1.9 K-5 336
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.