Jefferson Elementary School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 371 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 12:1
- Minority Enrollment: 80%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in KS
- Math Proficiency: 6-9% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 10-14% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), KS Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
6-9% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 28% KS state average), while 10-14% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 36% KS state average).
How many students attend Jefferson Elementary School?
371 students attend Jefferson Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
47% of Jefferson Elementary School students are Hispanic, 23% of students are Black, 20% of students are White, 5% of students are Two or more races, 4% of students are Asian, and 1% of students are Hawaiian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Jefferson Elementary School?
Jefferson Elementary School has a student ration of 12:1, which is lower than the Kansas state average of 13:1.
What grades does Jefferson Elementary School offer ?
Jefferson Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-5
What school district is Jefferson Elementary School part of?
Jefferson Elementary School is part of Wichita School District.
Review Jefferson Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities