Jeffery Primary School
Jeffery Primary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- Jeffery Primary School's student population of 170 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-3|
|Total Students||170 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Jeffery Primary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 2,820 schools in Pennsylvania (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (PA)|
|Overall School Rank||#66 out of 2820 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-89%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥90%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Shaler Area School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pittsburgh Shaler Area High School Grades: 9-12 | 1,357 student
381 Wible Run Rd
Pittsburgh, PA 15209
(412)492-1200 0.5 9-12 1,357
- Pittsburgh Marzolf Primary School Grades: K-3 | 364 students
101 Marzolf Road Ext
Pittsburgh, PA 15209
(412)492-1200 0.7 K-3 364
- Allison Park Rogers Primary School Grades: K-3 | 208 students
1500 Burchfield Road
Allison Park, PA 15101
(412)492-1200 1.3 K-3 208
- Glenshaw Shaler Area Elementary School Grades: 4-6 | 964 students
705 Scott Avenue
Glenshaw, PA 15116
(412)491-1200 1.3 4-6 964
What happens when a school district stops busing students? Could segregation once again be a reality for public school districts? Wake County in North Carolina is testing the segregation waters with its decision to stop busing students in their district.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.