Joelton Middle School
- Joelton Middle School's student population of 337 students has declined by 11% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has grown by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-8|
|Total Students||337 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Joelton Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 19:1 has decreased from 22:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TN)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||16:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Davidson County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Joelton Joelton Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 270 students
7141 Whites Creek Pk
Joelton, TN 37080
(615)876-5110 0.1 PK-4 270
- Whites Creek Whites Creek High School Grades: 9-12 | 728 students
7277 Old Hickory Bl
Whites Creek, TN 37189
(615)876-5132 3.8 9-12 728
- Whites Creek Alex Green Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 306 students
3921 Lloyd Rd
Whites Creek, TN 37189
(615)876-5105 4.6 PK-4 306
- Ashland City East Cheatham Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 448 students
3201 Bearwallow Rd
Ashland City, TN 37015
(615)746-5251 5.3 PK-4 448
MY DAUGHTER WILL BE ATTENDING 6TH GRADE THERE THIS YEAR AND I PRAY THAT SHE WILL GET THE EDUCATION THAT SHE NEEDS TO BE SUCCESSFUL. I AM A VERY INVOLVED PARENT SO I HOPE I CAN OFFER MY SUPPORT AND INVOLVEMENT TO THE SCHOOL
- Posted by Parent - AMBER
Joelton is the epitome of what is lacking in America's inner city schools. The teachers are undersupported and understaffed. No direct support from the administration is to be had. They protect themselves and their jobs. Extracurricular activities are few and pathetic. Most of the students are bused from another neighborhood 20 minutes away and there is nearly ZERO parent involvement. The school itself is old but, worse than old, it is rundown and full of mold. Sound like a mess? It certainly is.
- Posted by Teacher - duran
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.