Kaplan Elementary School
- Kaplan Elementary School's student population of 599 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 39 teachers has grown by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||599 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||39 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Kaplan Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#210 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Vermilion Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kaplan Rene A. Rost Middle School Grades: 4-8 | 408 students
112 West Sixth Street
Kaplan, LA 70548
(337)643-8545 0.9 4-8 408
- Kaplan Kaplan High School Grades: 9-12 | 515 students
200 East Pirate Lane
Kaplan, LA 70548
(337)643-6385 1.9 9-12 515
- Abbeville Meaux Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 457 students
12419 La Highway 696
Abbeville, LA 70510
(337)893-3901 7.0 PK-5 457
- Rayne Indian Bayou Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 205 students
1603 La Highway 700
Rayne, LA 70578
(337)334-4070 9.3 PK-5 205
- Maurice North Vermilion High School Grades: 9-12 | 656 students
11609 La Highway 699
Maurice, LA 70555
(337)898-1491 9.5 9-12 656
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.