Kaplan Elementary School
Kaplan Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Kaplan Elementary School's student population of 579 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 32 teachers has declined by 15% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||579 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Kaplan Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 1,278 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has increased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#112 out of 1278 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Vermilion Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kaplan Rene A. Rost Middle School Grades: 4-8 | 446 students
112 West Sixth Street
Kaplan, LA 70548
(337)643-8545 0.9 4-8 446
- Kaplan Kaplan High School Grades: 9-12 | 525 students
200 East Pirate Lane
Kaplan, LA 70548
(337)643-6385 1.9 9-12 525
- Abbeville Meaux Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 447 students
12419 La Highway 696
Abbeville, LA 70510
(337)893-3901 7.0 PK-5 447
- Rayne Indian Bayou Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 208 students
1603 La Highway 700
Rayne, LA 70578
(337)334-4070 9.3 PK-5 208
- Maurice North Vermilion High School Grades: 9-12 | 663 students
11609 La Highway 699
Maurice, LA 70555
(337)898-1491 9.5 9-12 663
We report on new legislation in Mississippi that allows students to pray publicly in their schools across the state. Now, schools must develop policies to allow for prayer – but the new law is loaded with controversy.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.