King Middle School
King Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in Maine for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 1%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- King Middle School's student population of 519 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 47 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||519 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||47 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- King Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 526 schools in Maine (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (ME)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#305 out of 526 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Portland School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Portland Howard C Reiche Community School Grades: PK-5 | 438 students
166 Brackett St
Portland, ME 04102
(207)874-8175 0.6 PK-5 438
- Portland Portland High School Grades: 9-12 | 756 students
284 Cumberland Av
Portland, ME 04101
(207)874-8250 0.8 9-12 756
- Portland Deering High School Grades: 9-12 | 924 students
370 Stevens Avenue
Portland, ME 04103
(207)874-8260 1.4 9-12 924
- Portland East End Community School Grades: PK-5 | 416 students
195 North St
Portland, ME 04101
(207)874-8228 1.4 PK-5 416
Learn more about Cato Middle College High, a school that allows students to get a head start on college courses while still in high school.
Public schools in the United States have an interesting history. Learn about how these public institutions developed into a cornerstone of our country's education.
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.