Kingwood Elementary School
- Kingwood Elementary School's student population of 475 students has declined by 18% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 33 teachers has declined by 10% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||475 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Kingwood Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Preston County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tunnelton South Preston School Grades: PK-8 | 376 students
5258 South Preston Highway
Tunnelton, WV 26444
(304)568-2292 5.9 PK-8 376
- Arthurdale West Preston School Grades: PK-12 | 751 students
113 Eby School Road
Arthurdale, WV 26520
(304)864-3835 6.9 PK-12 751
- Terra Alta Terra Alta/east Preston School Grades: PK-8 | 418 students
1103 East State Avenue
Terra Alta, WV 26764
(304)789-2596 8.5 PK-8 418
Did your child's school make the list? We cover the latest Blue Ribbon Schools awards given by Education Secretary Arne Duncan.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.