Kiowa High School serves 74 students in grades 9-12.
Kiowa High School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Colorado for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is <50% (which is higher than the Colorado state average of 33%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is ≥50% (which is higher than the Colorado state average of 47%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is equal to the Colorado state level of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 17% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Colorado state average of 48% (majority Hispanic).
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 74 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 15:1
- Minority Enrollment: 17%
- Graduation Rate: ≥80% (Top 50% in CO)
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30%
- Math Proficiency: <50% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: ≥50% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CO Dept. of Education
Kiowa High School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Colorado for:
Kiowa High School's student population of 74 students has declined by 17% over five school years.
The teacher population of 5 teachers has declined by 37% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Kiowa High School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,734 schools in Colorado (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Kiowa High School is 0.30, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.61. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (CO)
Overall Testing Rank
#347 out of 1734 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CO Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Kiowa High School's ranking?
Kiowa High School is ranked #347 out of 1,734 schools, which ranks it among the top 30% of public schools in Colorado.
What schools are Kiowa High School often compared to?
Kiowa High Schoolis often viewed alongside schools like Elizabeth High School by visitors of our site.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
<50% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 33% CO state average), while ≥50% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 47% CO state average).
What is the graduation rate of Kiowa High School?
The graduation rate of Kiowa High School is 80%, which is lower than the Colorado state average of 81%.
How many students attend Kiowa High School?
74 students attend Kiowa High School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
83% of Kiowa High School students are White, 12% of students are Hispanic, 4% of students are American Indian, and 1% of students are Black.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Kiowa High School?
Kiowa High School has a student ration of 15:1, which is equal to the Colorado state average of 15:1.
What grades does Kiowa High School offer ?
Kiowa High School offers enrollment in grades 9-12
What school district is Kiowa High School part of?
Kiowa High School is part of School District No. C-2 In The County Of Elbert And State Of.
Review Kiowa High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Spitting Rhymes for Flashy Grades: The Link Between Hip Hop Curriculum and Improved Learning
Can rap lyrics and hip hop beats help students learn more? Studies and some public schools say yes!
When Field Trips Turn Deadly: Who is Responsible?
Recent deaths during field trips have parents and school officials questioning the safety of these excursions. Learn about these tragedies and what parameters should be in place to ensure a safe field trip.
October 30, 2023Demystifying IEPs
Unlock the power of Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) in this comprehensive guide. Discover how IEPs support students with diverse needs, including behavioral challenges. This article is a must-read for parents navigating the education system and aspiring teachers seeking to make a positive impact.