Kipp Zenith Academy
- Kipp Zenith Academy's student population of 861 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 38 teachers has grown by 8% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||861 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||38 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Kipp Zenith Academy is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 7,999 schools in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#4897 out of 7999 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||KIPP Inc Charter School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Houston Law Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 797 students
12401 S Coast Dr
Houston, TX 77047
(713) 732-3630 0.3 PK-5 797
- Houston Kipp Sunnyside High School Grades: 9-12 | 550 students
11000 Scott St
Houston, TX 77074
(832) 230-0562 0.5 9-12 550
- Houston Woodson School Grades: PK-8 | 744 students
10720 Southview St
Houston, TX 77047
(713) 732-3600 0.8 PK-8 744
- Houston The Varnett School Southeast Grades: K-6 | 52 students
Houston, TX 77035
(713) 667-4051 0.9 K-6 52
- Houston Carnegie Vanguard High School Grades: 9-12 | 626 students
Houston, TX 77019
(713) 732-3690 1.0 9-12 626
A generous Michigan teen was growing his hair long to donate to Locks of Love, but was suspended from school as a result. Was this the right cut? We’ll discuss both side of the issue.
A recent ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court bans public school use by churches outside of normal school hours, and we’ll take a look at both sides of this issue.
Learn about whether charter schools or traditional public schools are enjoying better academic performance amongst their students. What do the test results reveal?