Kit Carson Junior-senior High School
- Kit Carson Junior-senior High School's student population of 66 students has grown by 11% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 8 teachers has grown by 14% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||66 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Kit Carson Junior-senior High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,708 schools in Colorado (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2014-15 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 8:1 has decreased from 9:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CO)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-29%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Kit Carson No. R-1 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Eads Eads Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 96 students
900 Maine Street
Eads, CO 81036
(719)438-2216 19.5 PK-5 96
- Eads Eads High School Grades: 9-12 | 50 students
210 West 10 Street
Eads, CO 81036
(719)438-2214 19.6 9-12 50
- Cheyenne Wells Cheyenne Wells Junior/high School Grades: 7-12 | 76 students
325 West 4th North
Cheyenne Wells, CO 80810
(719)767-5612 24.1 7-12 76
- Seibert Hi-plains School District R-23 Grades: PK-12 | 104 students
200 Iowa Ave
Seibert, CO 80834
(970)664-2616 37.1 PK-12 104
Nearby Homes for Sale
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.