- Koyuk-malimiut School's student population of 105 students has declined by 11% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 11 teachers has grown by 10% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||105 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Koyuk-malimiut School's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has decreased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤5%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||6-9%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||17:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Bering Strait School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Elim Aniguiin School Grades: PK-12 | 115 students
29 Main Street
Elim, AK 99739
(907)890-3021 39.2 PK-12 115
- Shaktoolik Shaktoolik School Grades: PK-12 | 91 students
40 Main Street
Shaktoolik, AK 99771
(907)955-3021 41.3 PK-12 91
- Nome Martin L. Olson School Grades: PK-12 | 52 students
40 Main Street
Nome, AK 99762
(907)779-3021 61.4 PK-12 52
- White Mountain White Mountain School Grades: PK-12 | 71 students
55 Main Street
White Mountain, AK 99784
(907)638-3021 68.2 PK-12 71
- Buckland Buckland School Grades: PK-12 | 186 students
9900 University Dr
Buckland, AK 99727
(907)494-2127 72.3 PK-12 186
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.