Kruse Elementary School
Kruse Elementary School serves 518 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Kruse Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Colorado for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 64% (which is higher than the Colorado state average of 35%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 69% (which is higher than the Colorado state average of 47%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is equal to the Colorado state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 28% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Colorado state average of 47% (majority Hispanic).
Kruse Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Colorado for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Kruse Elementary School's student population of 518 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
The teacher population of 30 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Kruse Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 1,783 schools in Colorado (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Kruse Elementary School is 0.45, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.60. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (CO)
Overall Testing Rank
#144 out of 1783 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, CO Dept. of Education
I truly cannot say enough good things about this school. The culture is inclusive and respectful, diversity is honored, and students get differentiated education in every classroom. It's easy to see that that teachers like working at this school, and the camaraderie shows in their effectiveness.
Review Kruse Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
40% of Teachers Call in Sick in Wisconsin
What happens when nearly half of a state's teachers call in "sick" for school? Learn about the turmoil between legislators and the teachers union in Wisconsin and how the rallies, protests, and fighting will set precedence for other budget-strapped states.
10 Best SAT Prep Methods
The SATs are a make or break exam for high school students. Check out the 10 best ways to prepare for the big test.
Common Mental Health Problems in School Children and How to Address Them
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.