Kruse Elementary School
Kruse Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Colorado for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 10%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Kruse Elementary School's student population of 518 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 30 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2014)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||518 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Kruse Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 1,768 schools in Colorado (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has decreased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CO)|
|Overall School Rank||#94 out of 1768 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Poudre School District R-1 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fort Collins T.r. Paul Academy Of Arts & Knowledge Grades: K-5 | 231 students
4800 Wheaton Dr
Fort Collins, CO 80525
(970) 226-2800 0.1 K-5 231
- Fort Collins Colorado Early College Fort Collins Grades: 6-12 | 914 students
4424 Innovation Dr
Fort Collins, CO 80525
(970) 377-0044 0.2 6-12 914
- Fort Collins Traut Core Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 508 students
2515 Timberwood Drive
Fort Collins, CO 80528
(970) 488-7500 1.0 PK-5 508
I truly cannot say enough good things about this school. The culture is inclusive and respectful, diversity is honored, and students get differentiated education in every classroom. It's easy to see that that teachers like working at this school, and the camaraderie shows in their effectiveness.
- Posted by Parent - alisa
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.