Kyrene Middle School
Kyrene Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in Arizona for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 1%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Kyrene Middle School's student population of 968 students has declined by 12% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 55 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||968 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||55 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Kyrene Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has decreased from 20:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AZ)|
|Overall School Rank||#798 out of 1,842 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||19:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Kyrene Elementary School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school to Kyrene Middle School is Grand Canyon College Preparatory Charter School (0.6 miles away)
- The nearest middle school is Grand Canyon College Preparatory Charter School (0.6 miles away)
- The nearest elementary school is Grand Canyon College Preparatory Charter School (0.6 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tempe Center For Educational Excellence Grades: K-8 | 365 students
1700 E. Elliot #9
Tempe, AZ 85284
(480)632-1940 0.7 K-8 365
- Tempe Rover Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 496 students
1300 E. Watson Drive
Tempe, AZ 85283
(480)897-7122 1.9 PK-8 496
- Tempe Aguilar School Grades: K-5 | 488 students
5800 S. Forest Ave.
Tempe, AZ 85283
(480)730-7102 2.1 K-5 488
Kyrene Middle school is making lots of good changes. New staff, new plans for solving some of the problems that changed this from a top school to a struggling school. As a former student, I still recommend KMS as a great place to go, especially now that they've added more music and language classes (like Mandarin). There are great teachers that care a lot, and it is becoming a really good school again.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - jak
do not send your child to this school!!! This year i graduated and i'm so relieved. This was also my first year there. I was bullied and i've never had a problem with bullying until i went to this school. None of the teachers did anything about it and sometimes I would be the one being punished for it because " i didn't tell a teacher". I now have anxiety thanks to the bullying i have received. DO NOT GO TO KMS!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - lm
I am a student of kms! And I absolutely love this school. I always look forward to going back to school. They have an awesome Principal who knows how to run the school and also knows how to have fun. There are awesome teachers. They are always there to help and talk to. When you get in trouble they disiplin you by sending you to I.S.I. Which is a place where they send you when your bad. They dont let you talk to know one or they will call your parents orrrr... A.S.D (After school detention). This school is strict but is always a fun place to come back to. FUN fieldtrips!! This school I would recommend to anyone. I absolutely love this school!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - mhyak