Kyrene Middle School
- Kyrene Middle School's student population of 932 students has declined by 11% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 53 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||932 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||53 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Kyrene Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,897 schools in Arizona (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has decreased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AZ)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#1004 out of 1897 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||19:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Kyrene Elementary School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tempe C I Waggoner School Grades: PK-5 | 615 students
1050 E Carver Rd
Tempe, AZ 85284
(480)541-1000 0.0 PK-5 615
- Tempe Kyrene De Los Ninos School Grades: PK-5 | 533 students
1330 E. Dava Dr.
Tempe, AZ 85283
(480)541-1000 0.8 PK-5 533
- Chandler Kyrene Del Cielo School Grades: PK-5 | 711 students
1350 N. Lakeshore Dr.
Chandler, AZ 85226
(480)541-1000 1.1 PK-5 711
Kyrene Middle school is making lots of good changes. New staff, new plans for solving some of the problems that changed this from a top school to a struggling school. As a former student, I still recommend KMS as a great place to go, especially now that they've added more music and language classes (like Mandarin). There are great teachers that care a lot, and it is becoming a really good school again.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - jak
do not send your child to this school!!! This year i graduated and i'm so relieved. This was also my first year there. I was bullied and i've never had a problem with bullying until i went to this school. None of the teachers did anything about it and sometimes I would be the one being punished for it because " i didn't tell a teacher". I now have anxiety thanks to the bullying i have received. DO NOT GO TO KMS!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - lm
I am a student of kms! And I absolutely love this school. I always look forward to going back to school. They have an awesome Principal who knows how to run the school and also knows how to have fun. There are awesome teachers. They are always there to help and talk to. When you get in trouble they disiplin you by sending you to I.S.I. Which is a place where they send you when your bad. They dont let you talk to know one or they will call your parents orrrr... A.S.D (After school detention). This school is strict but is always a fun place to come back to. FUN fieldtrips!! This school I would recommend to anyone. I absolutely love this school!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - mhyak
Read why good diet and nutrition is important for high student performance.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.