Lakeside Middle School serves 785 students in grades 5-7.
Lakeside Middle School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Arkansas for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 52% (which is higher than the Arkansas state average of 36%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 40% (which is higher than the Arkansas state average of 37%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is higher than the Arkansas state level of 13:1.
Minority enrollment is 26% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Arkansas state average of 40% (majority Black).
Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: 5-7
- Enrollment: 785 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 15:1
- Minority Enrollment: 26%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in AR
- Math Proficiency: 52% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: 40% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), AR Dept. of Education
Lakeside Middle School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Arkansas for:
Lakeside Middle School's student population of 785 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 51 teachers has grown by 8% over five school years.
(offers virtual instruction)
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Lakeside Middle School is ranked within the top 30% of all 993 schools in Arkansas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Lakeside Middle School is 0.43, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.59. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (AR)
Overall Testing Rank
#238 out of 993 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), AR Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Lakeside Middle School's ranking?
Lakeside Middle School is ranked #238 out of 993 schools, which ranks it among the top 30% of public schools in Arkansas.
What schools are Lakeside Middle School often compared to?
Lakeside Middle Schoolis often viewed alongside schools like Lake Hamilton Middle School, Fountain Lake Middle School Cobra Digital Prep Academy by visitors of our site.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
52% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 36% AR state average), while 40% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 37% AR state average).
How many students attend Lakeside Middle School?
785 students attend Lakeside Middle School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
74% of Lakeside Middle School students are White, 12% of students are Hispanic, 8% of students are Black, 4% of students are Two or more races, 1% of students are American Indian, and 1% of students are Asian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Lakeside Middle School?
Lakeside Middle School has a student ration of 15:1, which is higher than the Arkansas state average of 13:1.
What grades does Lakeside Middle School offer ?
Lakeside Middle School offers enrollment in grades 5-7 (offers virtual instruction).
What school district is Lakeside Middle School part of?
Lakeside Middle School is part of Lakeside School District(Garland).
Review Lakeside Middle School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
A Story of Overcoming Common Reading Difficulties
Follow the story of Sarah, a fictional character who overcame common reading difficulties with the help of the three cueing system. This blog post explores the advantages and disadvantages of the three cueing system and provides strategies for implementing it effectively.
Voucher Program Update: Florida
Many states now offer voucher programs. We look at the voucher program available in Florida.
Standardized tests have a long history in American K-12 education. We examine what standardized tests evaluate and more.